Huons Heparin sodium Inj. 100 I.U 3 mL, 5 mL
||The patency of intravascular catheter or cannula.
||3 mL, 5 mL x 10 Vial / Box
1 mL contains
Heparin sodium(KP) ....................................... 100 I.U
Benzl alcohol(NF) ............................................ 10 mg
A brown vial for injection filled with colorless ~ light yellow and transparent solution.
Maintenance of the patency of intravenous catheters or cannula. (This drug is used for cleaning catheter or cannula)
▣ Usage and Dose
Use 2 mL (200 I.U) of this drug at intervals of 4 to 8 hours for the purpose of maintaining the patency of intravenous catheter or cannula.
▣ Precautions for use
1) Do not use this drug for the patients with hypersensitivity reactions to the components of this drug and such medical history.
2) Because there is the risk of thrombocytopenia, it is critical to measure the platelet count of the patients who use heparin regulary and
repeatedly for more than 5 days for the purpose of maintaining the patency of the intravascular catheter or cannula.
(It should be earlier for the patients with prior experience of heparin administration)
3) It shall not be used as an anticoagulant except for the maintenance of catheter patency.
4) This drug shall not be used for systemic circulation.
5) Patients mainfesting thrombocytopenia or thrombosis immediately must stop using heparin
6) Repeated use of this drug may cause systemic anticoagulant effects.
7) Benzyl alcohol has been reported to be associated with fatal respiratory symptoms in premature infants.
2. Do not use for the following patients
2) Premature babies
3. General cautions
In the analysis of blood samples, the heparin used to maintain patency may affect the results of the analysis.
It must be removed prior to collecting blood samples.
Store in a shaded and sealed container at room temperature (1~30℃)
▣ Packing Unit
3 mL, 5 mL x 10 Vial / Box
▣ World and Local Marketing Authorization Holder:
Honex Korea co., Ltd
Tel: 82-2-831-3411 Fax: 82-2-846-4906
Oversea dept. Email: Honexkorea@naver.com